Welcome, we look forward to being of service.
Steven D Burraston
Australian Railway Industry Corporation
Executive general Manager
The mission of the Australian Railway Industry Corporation is to create exposure of Australian Rail Expertise and Technology to the world market by:
- Encouraging and assisting members to gain maximum opportunities in international markets
- Undertaking focussed research projects, at the member's direction, designed to provide valuable information and opportunities.
- Maximising member's capabilities to participate in Government grant schemes.
- Improving the funding for R&D and export incentives for the Rail Industry
- Encourage and assist Small & Medium Enterprises (SME's) to become exporters of rail technology and services.
- To become the Rail Industry specialist for the generalist facilitor allies.
- To responsibly manage the members' funds to ensure that the corporations objectives are achieved.
ARIC was formed in May 1985, in response to the then Department of Trade's encouragement of export-oriented Australian companies associated with the Railway Industry to organise themselves into a co-ordinated body to maximise the benefit of available resources to achieve export success.
ARIC and its members are directly supported by Austrade (Australian Trade Commission).
ARIC operates through a range of different industry segments, in accordance with the diverse nature of its member companies
- Railway Management, Consulting and Engineering Services
- All forms of Rollingstock and their Components
- Track Construction and Maintenance and specialised equipment
- Signalling, Communications and Electrification
- Railway Equipment, Component Repair and Workshop Services
thereby catering for the complete range of products and services provided by the Australian Railway Industry.
ARIC's membership currently stands at 55
ARIC operates through its Board which consists of 10 representatives and which meets every 2 months; Board meetings are followed by a general meeting. All members are invited to participate and attend these general meetings where ARIC's activities are discussed and ideas to enhance the export success of its members are both discussed and generated.